Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Greek Restaurant in Asbury Park

I was finally able to go to eat at the new Greek restaurant that's right next to the Shoppes at the Arcade, where my store is. The restaurant is call Synaxis..by the Shore. I was sort of in a rush when I went because I had someone watching my store while my husband and I ate. I must say that what we had was great. We shared an appetizer Sampler for Two and had a couple of Heineken beers. We sat at the bar...the service was great and the bartender was super friendly. We were so stuffed...we actually had to take home part of the appetizer. Don't ask me what it was called....I just remember that it was the appetizer sampler for two. It consisted of calamari , (nice and tender) assorted cheeses, phyllo pastry with spinach and cheese, thinly sliced zucchini and eggplant that was battered and fried, stuffed grape leaves, flatbread wedges for dipping in the 3 assorted dipping sauces, Greek sausage and Greek meatballs. I think there were a few other things on the platter but I can't quite remember. There were some other very interesting items on the menu but because I had to work, I didn't want to over do it...otherwise I would have wanted to go straight to sleep.
This Friday night Synaxis is presenting Greek Night, live band and the bellydancer Sasha. They suggest that you make reservations. The phone number is 732-897-9700. They are located at 660 Cookman Ave., Asbury Park, NJ 07712.
We are usually open until 8:00 pm so come do some shopping before you get stuffed.

No comments: